Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Books

This was the most recent Book Club selection that I read. The main character Henry, is a first generation Chinese American who grew up in Seattle during WWII. It tells his story of love for a Japanese American girl during an ugly time in American history. This book is tender and uplifting and full of history on what it was like to live in Seattle during the 1940s.

I just got this book from the library and read it in 2 days. I was completely absorbed in this courageous story set in Jackson, Mississippi in the early 1960s. It's a heartbreaking and hopeful story about segregation and what black women had to endure while taking care of white families. 

This was just a fun read. If you haven't heard of Ree Drummond and her blog you should check it out! This is her story of how she meet the love of her life. She is down to earth and hilarious as she recounts all the details of her Marlboro Man.

Next on the bookshelf!




Peace, Jean

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I don't know where you find the time to read so many books, I am jealous!

Jean Miller said...

It's because I don't watch TV;)

Followers